Surfing Victoria is pleased to announce the rescheduling of events in line with the Victorian Government easing of restrictions throughout Victoria.
The Woolworths Surfer Groms Comp presented by Pic’s Peanut Butter is now scheduled to run on December 12 & 13 at Torquay.
Regarded as one of the major steppingstones in the development of young Australian surfers, the 10-event Woolworths Surfer Groms Comps series caters for surfers from Under 8 to Under 14 and will be held in New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, Western Australia, Tasmania and South Australia over summer.
The nudie Australian Boardriders Battle is now scheduled to run on January 30th in 2021 with a location still to be confirmed.
The nudie Australian Boardriders Battle is Australia’s biggest grassroots boardriders event and involves more than 60 of Australia’s best boardrider clubs. Taking place across eight state qualifying rounds, only 24 clubs will come together at the National Final to battle it out to become the 2020/21 Australian Champions.
The Worksafe Tradies Challenge presented by has also been announced as happening on Saturday 28th November at Jan Juc.
Round 1 of the 2020/21 Victorian Open Series will resume on Sunday 29th November at Bells Beach after being postponed from September.
As previously announced, the Rip Curl Gromsearch will be held at Jan Juc on November 14 & 15.
Surfing Victoria events are being conducted in line with the Surfing Victoria COVID19 Events Risk Management plan that outlines changes to the way events are run including:
- Ensuring competitors only arrive 2 heats before they are scheduled to surf and leaving within 20mins of being eliminated
- All competitors declaring that they are symptom free and have not travelled into a COVID19 Hotspot in the previous 14 days
- Spectators encouraged not to attend with the exception of a parent or guardian for U18 surfers
- Competitors are required to provide their own sunscreen, wax and equipment
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at check in
- Rashvests will be washed between heats