About this Course
The Surfing Australia Foundation Judging Course offers a sound understanding of the role of a surfing judge, what the judges look for when scoring surfing performances, the basic competition rules and a comprehensive breakdown of all criteria’s in multiple surfing disciplines.
If you have a passion for both surfing and personal development, completing this course is the initial pathway to accomplish your goals and positively contribute to your club and state surfing competitions.
The Foundation Judging Course consists of an online learning component and interactive video judging exercises.
- To achieve accreditation as a Foundation Judge, you will need to provide the following documents in Surfing Australia’s membership portal:
- Completion of the Surfing Australia Foundation Judging course
- Current Working With Children Check
- Completion of the Play by the Rules – Child Protection course
- Current state association membership
How To Enrol
- Login or create an account in Surfing Australia’s membership portal
- Click on Events & Courses
- Click on Training & Courses
- Click on Foundation Judge